Network of researchers
The Visiting Fellows Programme
The objective of the Visiting Fellows Programme is to study theoretical, methodological and practical aspects of educational planning and management, and to contribute to IIEP’s training and research activities, and is adressed to persons with experience in educational planning and administration.
Visiting Fellows are qualified persons, able to carry out research by themselves, and choose to focus their study on a specific theme or problem under the supervision of one or more specialists chosen by IIEP.
The Council of Consultant Fellows
At the first session of IIEP’s Governing Board, it was agreed unanimously to set up a council of eminent scholars who could assist the Institute in carrying out its programme. The selection criteria for the Council of Consultant Fellows and the functions of the council are still the same today to ensure that candidates have made or are making significant intellectual contributions relevant to the field of educational planning and development and that they have outstanding professional and academic backgrounds, and that they will contribute to the disciplinary, geographic and general diversity of the Council as a whole.
Members of the Council contribute importantly to the work of the Institute in the following ways:
- by giving advice on the programme generally,
- by appraising specific research and training projects,
- by participating directly in the Institute’s research and training activities,
- by helping establish effective working relations with leading academic and research organizations,
- by identifying promising young scholars who might work at the Institute,
- and in other ways contributing to the successful conduct of the Institute’s activities.
Consult the current list of Consultant Fellows >