Some 20 training and research institutions worldwide
have signed bilateral partnership agreements with IIEP over recent years.
Enhancing exchanges of experience - a key strategy to build capacity of UNESCO Member States
Creating and supporting networks of national training and research institutions
IIEP has initiated and is investing efforts in initiatives including:
- networks of research teams such as the Southern Africa Consortium for Monitoring Educational Quality (SACMEQ);
- the Asian Network of Training and Research Institutions in Educational Planning (ANTRIEP).
Strengthening the IIEP Alumni network
More than 1,500 planners have been trained by IIEP and are important partners for the Institute, UNESCO and other agencies in their home countries. They increasingly turn to IIEP to refresh their knowledge. During the coming years, IIEP willrevitalize the Alumni network through distance courses and on-line policy forums.
Participating in international policy dialogue on education
- taking part in inter-agency working groups, especially within the framework of the follow-up to the Dakar World Education Forum;
- contributing to certain ministerial meetings organized by UNESCO;
- continued close co-operation with National Commissions and cluster offices;
- continuing to manage the secretariat of the IWGE (International Working Group on Education), which meets every 18 months to discuss educational development with agencies and donors.