Specialized Courses Programme (SCP)
Organisation and management of the education sector: systems and institutions
7-18 April 2014
Education systems in all countries have expanded and become more complex. The management of such expanding education systems poses new challenges and has often entailed the multiplication and change of administrative structures, levels and institutions. This course broadly focuses on two main concerns: how to organize and manage the system as a whole, and how to manage and monitor individual institutions, be they schools or higher education institutions.
The central goal of the course is to impart the necessary knowledge and skills to enable participants to contribute actively to the design of reforms of structures and processes of educational management which are favourable to the delivery of equitable quality education for all. The main aims of the course are to:
- Explain the main underlying concepts, approaches and trends in educational management;
- Analyse existing instruments for the regulation of an education system;
- Advice the Ministry on the design and implementation of a decentralization policy;
- Suggest reforms aimed to improve the effectiveness of educational institutions;
- Use appropriate information tools for the monitoring of the quality of an education system;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing on major reforms to improve educational management.
< Back to choice of courses