10 February - 4 April 2014
How to register >
Download form >
(deadline 8 November2013)
Education Cost Analysis
Date: 10 February to 4 April 2014 (8 weeks)
Registration deadline: 8 November 2013
The objective of the course is to strengthen and update the capacity to carry out analysis of costs and expenditure as a basis for assessment of the financial implications of programmes and projects to be included in sector or sub-sector plans or the preparation of medium-term expenditure frameworks and of annual budgets.
The course covers the following topics:
- framework and general concepts of economics
- concepts of costs and expenditure and their application in the field of education;
- scope and classification of educational costs and expenditure;
- methods of analysis of variations in education spending (including among other growth rates and deflator with prices index analysis); and
- factors determining educational costs
- cost benefit, cost effectiveness analysis
- cost efficiency.
Staff of Education Ministries and of sub-national level education planning entities (regions, provinces, etc.) in charge of planning or finance (budget, expenditure management, plan and budget implementation monitoring). Staff from training institutions, international organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations. Course participants should have at least three years of experience with plan and budget preparation.
>> Download the detailled information note of the course <<